John Beernick and Heidi received a third place ribbon at the Inland Empire trial. Way to go you two.
Please go to the Recent Club Successes to see other club accomplishments.
The Western Washington English Springer Spaniel Club was conceived in 1945 and its members hosted their first field trial in 1946. The club's tradition of sportsmanship and comaraderie has been evident and uninterrupted since 1946. While many of the members trial their dogs and train to this level of work, there is also a group of members who concentrate on training for hunting only.
WWESSC is dedicated to the preservation and to the improvement of the Field Bred English Springer Spaniel and to its cousin the Field Bred English Cocker Spaniel. To that end the club holds two American Kennel Club licensed Field Trials annually as well as licensed Hunt Tests. Members try to meet informally once per week to help each other with training.
Western Washington English Springer Spaniel Club
AKC Gunning Seminar
Thursday, March 25, 2021
Presenter: Gary ‘Rocky’ Riddle
Where: Scatter Creek (South Unit) Rochester, Washington.
Time: 8:00 AM -4:00 PM
Cost: $75.00 per individual
Current State of Washington COVID-19 rules are expected to be followed, particularly social distancing and wearing masks during the lecture session.
The purpose is to qualify individuals for gunning at AKC field events.
The seminar will be outdoors and will include both lecture and field sessions.
* The lecture session will be 4+ hours starting at 8:00 AM, outdoors and under cover. The club will provide limited shelter. Please feel free to bring what you will need to be comfortable such as an awning or umbrella and chair, as well as note-taking materials.
* Food will not be provided. Please bring your own lunch, snacks and drinks.
* Attendance will be limited to 20. The cut-off date will be when the 20th participant has registered. We may be able to add additional spots at that point in the registration.
* The field work part of the seminar will be in conjunction with a training session for trialers and trial workers that wish to train their dogs. Seminar participants may bring their own dogs to run since gunning for brace work is a required part of the program. Seminar participants must bring their own firearms and ammo. (Non-toxic/steel only)
* Contact to register and for additional information: Paul Young firstname.lastname@example.org
* Send payment to: Scott Mason 3309 Deer Island Dr. E., Lake Tapps, WA 98391 (Checks payable to: WWESSC)
2021 Field Trial Water Test
Friday, March 26, 2021
See premium for more information
Spring AKC Hunt Test
WWESSC Hunt Test
May 28 - 31, 2021 open to all AKC breeds eligible to enter Hunt Tests for Spaniels. More information will be available at the link below in the near future. www.huntsecretary.com
One of the best features our club offers are informal training days. These training days are typically held on the Training Areas surrounding Joint Base Lewis-McCord or at Scatter Creek Wildlife Area near Grand Mound, Washington. The exact locations vary, depending on military activity or grounds availability. Club members stay in touch via e-mail and are kept informed of the times and places by participating in a Yahoo Group Chat Forum.
Prospective dog owners and new members are always welcome to join us. Please provide us with a little information about yourself by submitting a WWESSC contact form found under the Training tab then watch your e-mail for further contact from a club member.